Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall is officially here

Last weekend we went out and picked out our pumpkins, and this morning there was frost on them!
I have a crock pot full of yummy delicious chili slowly cooking for a chili dump at casa de rix tomorrow.
The leaves have changed color, and now are dropping on the ground.
Our Halloween decorations are up, and we look forward to the neighborhood goblins trick or treating.
The Heat is on, and it's nice and toasty inside.
Ahhh...Fall is officially here!

58 comments:

Lexie said...

wait? are those your halloween decorations or did you find that picture online? or did you find a flamingo filled pumpkin lot?

My Flock Rocks! said...

becs...maybe next year when I grow pumpkins that will be my yard decoration! I found that pic online a while ago otherwise I would have given the photog credit for the masterpiece!

Flamingo's love Fall too!

Lexie said...

yeah, but all i keep thinking with the picture is that flamingos must be distant relatives of rabbits... if you catch my drift.
Thats A LOT of flamingos.

My Flock Rocks! said...

becs...I know, and if I am going to fill our pumpkin patch with that many flamingo's, they better start multiplying now!

Anonymous said...

You gave me a heartattack thinking you and W went out and purchased all those pumpkins!

My Flock Rocks! said...

linda..i would have had a heart attack carrying all those pumpkins!

Lexie said...

I was going to email but this is easier. I got some catalog (called Current) in the mail today and on page 9 (thats only how far I have made it) there is a doormat with 2 flamingos by an RV that says Just Another Day in Paradise... thought you may NEED to know :)

My Flock Rocks! said...

becs...I get that catalog too! I'll have to check it out~ Thanks...I think I'll go scope it out now :)

Lexie said...

OK, so I know you are alive at least, but I haven't seen any carved pumpkins yet ;)

Happy Halloween! I am wearing Lexie's flamingo hat to her parade at school today, per her request :)

Anonymous said...

Chilli party, huh?

I hope that was a lot of fun... I tried to give benefit of the doubt, tried to be cordial despite what others had told me... and yet, I feel like I've been burned.

My Flock Rocks! said...

becs...we haven't carved them yet! Maybe tonight? or a lot of pumpkin pies!

My Flock Rocks! said...

anonoymous...HUH? I have no clue what you are talking about! Perhaps you meant to post a comment on some other blog. :)

Anonymous said...

No... I have the correct blog. Given your level of selfeshness you don't care how your actions affect others, so I wouldn't expect you to give a rats ass.

Katie said...

For the love of Pete! Flam is one of the most giving people I have ever met. She would do anything to help a loved one. Whatever your beef is, anonymous, it was obviously from a long time ago. If it is really that bad, name yourself and have it out and move on like adults do. I wish you a pair!

Rixblix said...

Geez, Diane, I thought you were against "anonymous" commenting. Get a grip. Selfish? You'd know ALL about selfishness. Flam's been nothing but kind and gracious to her friends.

My Flock Rocks! said...

I am laughing too hard to comment...someone must be upset that I have blocked their emails and need to attack me via my blog!
Now excuse me while I go buy something for my friends! :)

My Flock Rocks! said...

anon...you might want to think about getting an identity...how do I cross that out and say LIFE? I challenge you to prove that anytime I have been selfish! So, go ahead and make a REAL fool of yourself!

Oh, and thank you Katie and Rix~

Lexie said...

I totally thought someone had the wrong blog. Anyway, you are incredibly generous and thoughtful... totally UNselfish!

My theory is this... if you have something to say, it should be something you would say to the person's face. And if it is, then there is no reason to not identify yourself.

Flam, I hope you are letting this roll of your shoulder and not letting it bring you down.

Now, about the possibility of homemade pumpkin pies...

Anonymous said...

ANON. are you on crack??????
You have not met the same person I have met. Flam is a very caring SELFLESS person. She shows kindness to all You must have a festering hatred for yourself to slam a good person like Flam. Dig your sorry a$$ out of the closet and confront this like a big person!!!!

Anonymous said...

You r mad because you are not as hot as Flam

Anonymous said...

#1 This is not Diane...
#2 "Now excuse me while I go buy something for my friends!"
Oh yeah, she's so generous she has to buy her friends, not earn their friendship the hard way.
#3 My beef is not from a long time ago... it's recent, very recent.

My Flock Rocks! said...

becs...it's just somebody who is an a$$

DM...you RAWK! and so does Elizabeth Arden products!

Anon...I have NO comment for you! LMAO!

Anonymous said...

"Anon...I have NO comment for you! LMAO!"

But yet you left one anyway....

Anonymous said...

Gosh, someone is really upset they didn't get invited to your chili dinner...

Anonymous said...

LOL It wasn't even her chili dinner! But I guess it's ok to hide behind the anonymous moniker and put people down. All I can think is that this person does not even know Flam. We all know that the person he/she describes is not Flam...wrong blog perhaps?

My Flock Rocks! said...

Ima...I didn't have a chili dinner, but now maybe I will!

Linda...my guess is that anon is confused and disoriented. Hopefully they have moved on, and found the person they really meant to attack!

Ramble On said...

I have waited for Anonymous to return, but I will go ahead and describe a group of friends. There is a group that got together almost by accident. Some of us are married, some are not, some are single with children, some are married with children. Some of us are employed and some of us are not. Some of us are grandparents, some of us are not. Some of us are young, some of us are not. We are about as different as night and day. Each of us have a common thread - life has not always been easy. No silver spoons. When someone says they know what it is like to wash clothes in the bathtub because there was no laundry money, we can all say "Been there, done that". Most of us know what it is like to be a struggling single parent. Most of us find ourselves in a better place today. We share willingly. If we see an odd item (or not so odd) that we think someone would like, we get it for them. We acknowledge each other birthdays. We are generous toward each other. Flam is generous, but in no way does she have to buy friendship. I really feel it is an insult to assume that friendship can be bought. A smile, a word of encouragement or simply listening as a problem is worked through, that is a friend and Flam is a friend in the truest sense of the word.

I have no idea what caused Anonymous to make the post nor do I want to know. But I would hope that things would be addressed openly so as to get to the bottom of what is probably a misunderstanding or if not, maybe be able to let it go and move on. Holding a grudge and retaliating seldom brings about the desired result.

My Flock Rocks! said...

Ramble...Wow! Thank you so much for the kind, sweet words! :)

Rixblix said...

Gosh. She says it's true, so it must be.

Anonymous said...

Rixblix, do you ever get tired of making an ass out of yourself?

Rixblix said...

I think you mean a HUGE FAT ASS of myself.

And no. I don't.

My Flock Rocks! said...

Diane...Was I the one who said the anonymous commenter was you? Ummm...NOT!
Good try though!

My Flock Rocks! said...

Rixie...you crack me up! and that has nothing to do with you A$$...ROFLMAO

Anonymous said...

Wonder who gave the 'heads up'? Must have been the very same 'reliable source' that gave her the headsup about that avatar that never existed. And Rixie, when WILL you ever stop with the ass-making?

My Flock Rocks! said...

linda...if her reliable source is the anonymous commenter, you know how reliable that source is!

:)

Anonymous said...

"Diane...Was I the one who said the anonymous commenter was you? Ummm...NOT!
Good try though!"

Flam, you're such a bitch.. Di was simply letting you know that it was not her, as I told you it wasn't... and you turn around with snide comments like this... Your "friends" can back you all they want, but I've got you pegged for what you really are.

BTW, I am the first anon, and there was a different anon that asked about rix making an ass of herself.

Anonymous said...

Ramble,

"Flam is generous, but in no way does she have to buy friendship."

So you truly believe that when she said "Now excuse me while I go buy something for my friends! :)" that she was referring to buying someone a birthday gift? Nooooo.. I think not.. she was just using that as her way to brag about how wealthy she is and rubs it in others faces to make herself feel superior, just as I have heard you have done in the past. I hope it worked for you flam, I hope you feel better about yourself, because truth is, I don't give a rats ass how much money you have.

Katie said...

Sarcasm \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\ a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance

Do you really think she was hopping right out to go buy her friends something? She was using sarcasm. And if she is such a bitch, why do you even bother?

Flam - Seriously, disallow anonymous comments so we can all have a nicer day. Some people choose to wallow in shit and be unhappy. Anonymous is obviously one of them.

My Flock Rocks! said...

anonymous...I'd really like to know what your problem is with me! You feel burned because you weren't invited to a chili party that I didn't even host?

And, if you know me then you excepted a gift from me. Oh, that was alright wasn't it? LMFAO!

Ramble On said...

I am fairly sure that the comment you referenced was facetious and stated in self-defense. I saw it and the other comments that led up to it. I highly doubt that she went out and bought anything at that point. I don't understand the "heard you have done in the past" part of the comment.

I too don't care how much or little money Flam or anyone else has, has nothing to do with whether or not I consider someone a friend.

Rixblix said...

Well, I got my present. Sorry the rest of you didn't.

And did one of those Anonym-asses say that Ramble has bought our friendship, too? Shit. Ramble, you're holding out on me.

Go back to your own sandbox, peoria.com'ers. You are all like clock-work...the drama starts about every three months.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Ms. PH said...

I totally wasn't going to get in on this, but it looks like so much fun, I can't help myself.

It has been my experience that people who perceive other people to be "buying friends" and "bragging about how rich they are" and "rubbing their face in it" are people who are for some reason ashamed of their own station in life.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Even if Flam has done these things (which I know she hasn't because she is one of the most generous people I know), the fact that you let it affect you so strongly speaks more to your character than hers.

The thing about Flam and all of her friends that have comment here is that they really, really don't care about money and material things. Ramble said it best and I am proud to be a part of this group.

My Flock Rocks! said...

Ms PH...Thank you so much! The great wealth that I have is all my wonderful sincere friends. :)

Jennifer said...

Yah, what she said! (PH and Ramble), who have both said it better than I could myself.

And, one thing Anon, you can never be truly anonymous. Even without a name an IP address is pretty easy to trace. Furthermore, you can't hide your true self, which from these comments seems to be small and petty, from yourself, which is the worst thing of all... to have such low self esteem.

My Flock Rocks! said...

jennifer...Thank you! All I can say is that I've got really GREAT friends!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kevster.

Anonymous said...

"Even without a name an IP address is pretty easy to trace"


Trace away.. I don't give a rat's ass...

and BTW, I'm perfectly fine with where I am in my life. I've worked hard to get to where I am and am proud of my accomplishments.

PeoriaSpeaks! Forum Blogroll said...

I'm sure the HSC would love to know what you do on their time with their equipment. I know I am pretty disappointed. You give a good agency a bad name.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hi!!! Its me...Igot....dunno if my name will show up but I am NOT afraid to say my name...or my real name for that matter. And I will gladly do so and have a little chit chat with the anonymous idiot...er I mean commenter at ANY TIME!!! I just met Flam a few months ago. I liked her instantly and we hit it off great. I don't like many people instantly, or at all, for that matter. I often feel relieved when someone prooves to me that they are undeserving of my time and loyalty...saves me from wasting more of my precious time. I believe Flam feels that friendship is a responsibility and she takes it quite seriously. After she and I hit it off so well I was impressed to find out that I was not the only one that felt that way. Not often you find that. Sometimes its hard to get a word in edgewise with all the people around her at various events. No...she doesn't buy people. Buying and selling people has been out of vogue for over a century...or haven't you heard? She does something quite interesting...something you may take note of for your own personal use in the future. She listens. Yes, it is that simple. She listens to what makes a persons heart soar and what makes her friend's eyes sparkle. Then she finds something for you and enjoys your enjoyment! Normal people do this. I suggest you crawl out from under the rock you've been living under and first - state your name and identity. Second I suggest a different set of friends for you. Obviously your friends kinda sorta suck. Otherwise you would know that these things happen in the real world of MEETING AND ENJOYING FRIENDSHIPS. Third, feel free to contact me at anytime. I can be reached at igot_terminal_uniqueness@yahoo.com
and we can discuss this further. I'm confused between truly disgusted by you and pitying you. What a dichotomy of feelings you have brought forth in me....yet how unfortunate both of them are negative. My guess is that you are not a stranger to these reactions. There is hope...we can rebuild you. ;)

Anonymous said...

WTF, Flam buys people? Where the hell is my purchase money, dammit?

Oh, wait, that's right, I'm her friend because I choose to be. Keep crying, you anonymous bastard. You're proving to be quite the lolcow.

Katie said...

IGOT - I could not agree more. Well said!

Anonymous said...

Hey Flam,

Love the new car! I can't wait to drive it to the Human Service Center downtown and show anon! Thank you so much! Oh, and the new vacation home, too! I can't wait til the new furniture is delivered tomorrow! And the new shoes! And the new purses! Oh, and that coat from Broms is just too much!

"and BTW, I'm perfectly fine with where I am in my life. I've worked hard to get to where I am and am proud of my accomplishments."

and BTW, anon, if you were perfectly fine, you wouldn't be bullying people. You would be thankful and happy, but instead, you are bitter. I don't believe you have accomplished much either... Accomplished people don't have the time, nor do they care to harass others. If you were truly happy with yourself, you would put your energies into positive things instead of dwelling on the negative. In a way, my heart goes out to you for you are a sad, pathetic person hiding behind a mask to feel better about yourself. Take a look in the mirror, change your thoughts, change your life.

Lexie said...

Flam-

Did you ever think you'd have 53 comments on a post? Did you buy them all or are you just that popular :)

Near Normal said...

Hey Flam,

The Lady in Pink, is a cool person, Her Flock includes many a great people as well. IGOT, Katie, Linda, DM, Ms PH,Jennifer, Rix, Ramble, Simi,Ima. Like they say it takes one to know one. I am glad I am acquainted with this flock. The opportunity to meet the flock and enjoy some great times has been one of the highlights of this year.

As obi Wan would say "May the Flock be with you!"

Mama T said...

I was going to mention tracing the IP address as well...but they beat me to it. I would do it, Flam...and block this immature person from leaving comments from now on.

And I also attest to the graciousness and giving nature of Flam as well. When I was struggling a few months back (hell...I'm always struggling) but anyway...when it was really bad then, Flam reached into my hand and handed me a good wad of money to get by...because she could, and because she is ALWAYS there for a friend in need. I felt funny about taking it, but I did anyway...because I was that desperate.

I owe her bigtime.

But guess what? I don't believe that she will ever ask for that cash back from me. She did it because she wanted to see me smile, and take some of the pressure off of me. And it helped...truly. Whoever you are ANON...whatever beef you have with Flam...why don't you do the adult thing and face her? Sit down and talk calmly about your issue like an adult...rather than play grade school games by posting petty comments here?
Just sayin...

Flam...I love you and so does the rest of the "flock"...ignore pettiness and snarky backtalk. The election is over, honestly. :o)

HUGE HUGS...
-Jaded

PS...Anon...you can hit me with comments at my blog if you like, I have adsense posted and need the hits to get paid...I'd love to have ya there. LOL

Anonymous said...

The anonymous lolcow seems to have disappeared. Victory!

Anonymous said...

God loves you and so do I

Rixblix said...

Where are you?