Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's not for ME!

I get a lot of catalogs in the mail...so many that I don't even look at all of them. There are certain ones I will glance at, but basically they have the same stuff in them, and usually not my taste at all. I'm not into roosters, apples or country decor, frilly curtains with matching bedspreads, sconces, oversize vases, kitchen gadgets or what's up with those stretchy slipcovers for your sofa that come in all sorts of gaudy colors?


And don't you just love it when you get one of those catalogs with the big red sticker slapped on the front with the warning:

Now that's going to make me pick it up and thumb through the pages looking for something that I don't want or need just so I keep getting this junk mail!


And then underneath that BIG RED sticker is this one:

So, now of course I HAVE to check out these goods because I can get a line of credit up to $1,000.00 and only pay $20.00 a month with an annual percentage rate of 21%! How can I pass up this incredible deal?


Then my bubble bursts when I look at the little paper credit card with the pre-approved code on it and it has the previous homeowners name on it!

IT'S NOT FOR ME!

4 comments:

Wirthy said...

I used to get those "last chance" warnings on my bills all the time.

My Flock Rocks! said...

Ummm wirthy, last chance? or you're pre-approved?

Anonymous said...

That's job security for me.

My Flock Rocks! said...

most pre....HUH?