Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ribbit in Peace?

We now live out in the country and instead of hearing gunshots at night we hear the sound of nature. Frogs croaking, crickets chirping, and who knows what other critters are out there singing.

The other night I needed to take the garbage out and it's right outside the back door so I thought... I don't need to put on my Prada shoes because we now live in the country and I can go barefoot! Besides, the trash can is right off the back door within a short walking distance.

The dew on the porch was cool and soothing to my tender tooties...oh it was a good thing until I stepped on something that felt squishy and slimy...what the hell was that? Oh shit, I stepped on a frog! I didn't get a close look at it because I darted back into the house with all my left over energy...all I kept thinking was, I think I killed it! I couldn't look back. Stupid frog for not watching were I was going! Now I am wondering if I will get warts on the bottom of my foot, is it true or just an old wives tale? Needless to say, I immediately washed my feet and put on my spa slippers. ICK!

Last night, just around dusk, the pooch is looking out the back door and he starts to paw at the glass. Yeah, we call him cat/dog because he has the same characteristic's of a cat...So, I look and low and behold there is a little frog stuck to the glass with his suction cup feet. I set my mind at ease thinking, maybe that's the frog I stepped on the other night, oh good he's alright!

Today I am wearing a frog T-shirt instead of a Flamingo one. Yes...besides Flamingo's I love frogs!

Here's the little guy clung to the glass...I hope he's not trying to get in to get revenge on me!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I would be so freaked out to step on something squishy.
BTW, welcome to the 'hood. I live in north of Peoria, too...
Jennifer

My Flock Rocks! said...

We just moved to Brimfield...I just love it here! I call it..."Pink Acres" :)although the grass is really green, well, so far~ We used to live in West Peoria...what a difference 12 miles makes!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hey, we lived in West Peoria for awhile, too, on Laura, a couple blocks down from where the Baskin Robbin's used to be.
Jennifer

My Flock Rocks! said...

We lived over by Bradley...A couple blocks away