I am not one to take pills except for a chewable baby aspirin that you know the doctor says you have to take because you're old. So, this morning I scarfed down six of the tiny orange pills, and I am waiting for them to take effect. I am such a baby!
I have no clue what I did...maybe it's from how I slept last night because you know, I share a bed with Mr. Wonderful, and a 120 pound pooch, and there isn't a lot of room left for me so I find myself hanging half off the bed.
Or maybe it's from washing 56 windows yesterday, and if you count both sides, um...that's like 112! Of course I didn't do both sides on all the windows, but
Shhhhhh....don't tell Mr. Wonderful that!
Oh maybe I wrenched my back bending over to get beer out of the little fridge in the basement because we don't have a full size one down there yet! hint! hint!
So, I decided to take the day off, take it easy, and go around here and take some photos of some of my favorite things, or things I have no clue what they are. Can you tell I am asking for a little help?
Now this is something every home should have...And don't even think of swiping it because it is heavily guarded!

Besides Flamingo's, I also like frogs...I think everyone should have these sitting on their coffee table... I got these frogs (playing leap frog) at the HOI fair this year. I don't know if they were really for sale, but they were sitting on a table in the reptile exhibit. I just had to have them, and told the nice gentleman to name a price. Needless to say, I got them!

And what home wouldn't be complete without one of these brass fly ashtrays? His wings lift up, and it's perfect of a couple of butts. (cigarettes that is)

This was a "must have" when I saw it...Look, it's a turtle with a hangover!

Croquet anyone?
Yeah...I bought this vintage set at the Illinois Antique Center after my last dental appointment...cuz you know...I just had to buy something useless and tacky
...
... Okay...now help me out on this one... what the hell kind of plant is this? There's a couple of them out in front in a perennial garden. I am not sure if it is weed or miniature eggplants. I would have gotten a better shot of it but the red ants were guarding it...

So, you are probably thinking...why I refer to my significant other as "Mr. Wonderful" ? Because he puts up with me and my weirdness...He's wonderful! Sorry...no pic's of him because he told me if I ever posted any, he'd kill me, and you know I would hate to give all this up!





6 comments:
Hunny. I don't think them there frogs is playin' leap frog! Me thinks they're doin' it froggie style.
What's with the frogs? I'm a little "iffy" on the leap frog thing.
I have to agree with Kev. I think the frogs are getting their freak on!
You mean...they aren't playing leap frog??? :|
You need some gargoyles. Everyone needs gargoyles.
I have gnomes...no gargoyles but I'll make a note to get some...thanks Kevin~
Post a Comment